المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

عرض الإصدار الكامل : Arrange marr!age

Elvira
21/12/2009, 10:36 AM
Salam all,

I would like to discuss a topic with you all,

Its about finding your future wife, as you see this topic kinda revolve around man. Not because women are not entitled to choose a future husband but because the type of marriage im talking about is arrange marriage.
So in short a guy goes to his mom and ask her to search a good girl for him, for sure the mother would ask her son what features is he looking for, like what colour, tall, short, thin, curvy, educated, working or not and so on

Now what I want to discuss is:

1- Would you ever conceder arrange marriage, and why?!
2- What do you want your future wife to be like?
3- Imagine you went to have a look at your wife, to have a glance at her before everything happens, and you didn’t like her! What would you do then?
4- This goes to the ladies, if a guy comes and wanted to see you, and he didn’t like you for some reason what would your reaction be, and the other way around if you didn’t like him what would you do?

Thanks all, waiting to see your answers,

Have a great day. :مستحي::)

just friend
21/12/2009, 11:38 AM
Salam all,

Its about finding your future wife, as you see this topic kinda revolve around man. Not because women are not entitled to choose a future husband but because the type of marriage im talking about is arrange marriage.
So in short a guy goes to his mom and ask her to search a good girl for him, for sure the mother would ask her son what features is he looking for, like what colour, tall, short, thin, curvy, educated, working or not and so on

3- Imagine you went to have a look at your wife, to have a glance at her before everything happens, and you didn’t like her! What would you do then?
4- This goes to the ladies, if a guy comes and wanted to see you, and he didn’t like you for some reason what would your reaction be, and the other way around if you didn’t like him what would you do?

You come from nowhere and surprise us with your topics :كاشخ::عيار: :عيار:..

Let me be first..

1- Not that much actually, I look for myself and will be convinced for the one I choose. It's my life, me who will live with her. my opinion.:عيار:

2- she's more understanding and following Islamic principles.:):كاشخ:

3- I will look to her without she's knowing, to avoid any eye contact or anything. so If I don't like her, she wouldn't know why. but it would be difficult if she knew that I want her and I am intending to see her, she will be broken.:)

Elvira
21/12/2009, 12:24 PM
You come from nowhere and surprise us with your topics :كاشخ::عيار: :عيار:..

Let me be first..

1- Not that much actually, I look for myself and will be convinced for the one I choose. It's my life, me who will live with her. my opinion.:عيار:

2- she's more understanding and following Islamic principles.:):كاشخ:

3- I will look to her without she's knowing, to avoid any eye contact or anything. so If I don't like her, she wouldn't know why. but it would be difficult if she knew that I want her and I am intending to see her, she will be broken.:)

heah, JF :مستحي::مستحي:

glad u liked the topic,

Personally I don’t agree with arrange marriage for the same reason you said, which is no one can know me enough to chose someone I would like for sure.

How ever I know that some man do it they ask to see the girl and she knows he is coming to see her, then she end up hurt and her self confident broken
Its really sad :حزين:

just friend
21/12/2009, 12:39 PM
heah, JF :مستحي::مستحي:

glad u liked the topic,

Personally I don’t agree with arrange marriage for the same reason you said, which is no one can know me enough to chose someone I would like for sure.

How ever I know that some man do it they ask to see the girl and she knows he is coming to see her, then she end up hurt and her self confident broken
Its really sad :حزين:

One of the stupid moves some men do, is hearing from someone or his mom
this girl is good, and blah blah, and he never seen her before,
then he spread the news, and it happen the girl hear that, someone want to marry her
when he goes to see her, he doesn't like her, and I know some did that..:مفتر:

the girl ended up broken, asking herself, what's wrong on me he didn't like me!!:حزين:

Personally I wouldn't do that.. I take my full responsibility :)

ذنوب الموت
21/12/2009, 12:42 PM
Salam all,

قسمة ونصيب:متفكر:

erm...donna:متفكر:

no one asked to see my face yet:كاشخ: though some one asked the hand:مفتر:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 12:48 PM
One of the stupid moves some men do, is hearing from someone or his mom
this girl is good, and blah blah, and he never seen her before,
then he spread the news, and it happen the girl hear that, someone want to marry her
when he goes to see her, he doesn't like her, and I know some did that..:مفتر:

the girl ended up broken, asking herself, what's wrong on me he didn't like me!!:حزين:

Personally I wouldn't do that.. I take my full responsibility :)

Yes that happened to someone I know, and she was feeling low for long time, she was asking me if she is ugly or something is wrong with her.
I felt really bad for her, and I hated that action, I also promised ma self if a man ask to see me for the same reason I would slap him, and tell him what do you think im a product on display you go and see if you want or not.

Looool :كاشخ: , not that much but yeah I don’t like it.

Elvira
21/12/2009, 12:49 PM
قسمة ونصيب:متفكر:

erm...donna:متفكر:

no one asked to see my face yet:كاشخ: though some one asked the hand:مفتر:

wow,
only the hand :عيار:

yaeh its ok dear, maybe you can just tell us what you feel or think of the idea :)

ذنوب الموت
21/12/2009, 12:53 PM
wow,
only the hand :عيار:

yaeh its ok dear, maybe you can just tell us what you feel or think of the idea :)

well ...i refused coz simply his family is ( complete by ur self:مفتر:)

even if he is good ...still السمعة تأثر:متفكر:

how did his family feel? i donna ... they know themselves:مفتر:

how would i feel...? erm....

actually my bro said am going to marry some one from the family...so nothing of that gonna happen:كاشخ:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 12:57 PM

actually my bro said am going to marry some one from the family...so nothing of that gonna happen:كاشخ:

ok let me ask you something
You said your brother said you will marry someone from the family,
Ok that sounds like arrange marriage to me,

What about you, do you agree in that?
Wouldn’t you want to chose your own husband or at least get to know a lil about him before you say yes?!

just friend
21/12/2009, 01:00 PM
Yes that happened to someone I know, and she was feeling low for long time, she was asking me if she is ugly or something is wrong with her.
I felt really bad for her, and I hated that action, I also promised ma self if a man ask to see me for the same reason I would slap him, and tell him what do you think im a product on display you go and see if you want or not.

Looool :كاشخ: , not that much but yeah I don’t like it.

Thanks to Allah..
I won't be that one who would be slapped.. :ضحك: :ضحك:

Stay aways. Else I will be dead..:عيار: :عيار:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks to Allah..
I won't be that one who would be slapped.. :ضحك: :ضحك:

Stay aways. Else I will be dead..:عيار: :عيار:

heah loool,
but you wouldnt do that so ur safe la :):كاشخ:

I think some man should be more considering to women’s fragile feelings.

just friend
21/12/2009, 01:15 PM
heah loool,
but you wouldnt do that so ur safe la :):كاشخ:

I think some man should be more considering to women’s fragile feelings.

I don't think so I would.:كاشخ: :عيار: :كاشخ:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 01:27 PM
I don't think so I would.:كاشخ: :عيار: :كاشخ:

so your protected :مستحي::كاشخ:

TAEKWONDO
21/12/2009, 03:30 PM
1- Would you ever consider arrange marriage, and why?!

Up to I don't consider arranged marriage , just for one reason that I dont know the girl who I go to spend my whole life with

I want her well-educated, as tall as I look or a bit shorter, jolly and romantic.

LooooooL , I didnt want to say it but this happened to me in real :ضحك::ضحك:
My family was insisting to me to get married and as per the traditional way they told our relative to search for a girl for me . All worked hard to get one that I may like at the end an old man from our relatives found one. They pulled me like a goat to the house and I was longing to see that girl because that old man praised her a lot and told me she is very wonderful girl. When we reached the house of that girl we found all her family were ready with some fruit and coffee ( OMANI QAHWA) ,my dad and my uncle sat with father of the girl , my mom took me with her to see the girl in her room :مستحي:.My heart pulses started to increase but I was brave enough to bear that. I entered the room of the girl and I saw four women were sitting there. I asked them where is the girl :متفكر: one of old women who were sitting there pointed her hand to a lady there , I shocked when I saw here as I could distinguish the girl from the mother :منتزق: she was old :حزين: and older than me. I couldn't utter a word that time and I kept silent. Her mother started asking me : did you like it , I told them I cant reply now :مستحي: I will speak to my dad and he will reply you:مفتر:
My mother took me again out and asked me to sit with men. My dad asked me : what happened? shell we say MABROOK , I told say Mabrook if we could escape here , let us go home quickly < I dont want to get married :معصب:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 04:15 PM
1- Would you ever consider arrange marriage, and why?!

Up to I don't consider arranged marriage , just for one reason that I dont know the girl who I go to spend my whole life with

I want her well-educated, as tall as I look or a bit shorter, jolly and romantic.

LooooooL , I didnt want to say it but this happened to me in real :ضحك::ضحك:
My family was insisting to me to get married and as per the traditional way they told our relative to search for a girl for me . All worked hard to get one that I may like at the end an old man from our relatives found one. They pulled me like a goat to the house and I was longing to see that girl because that old man praised her a lot and told me she is very wonderful girl. When we reached the house of that girl we found all her family were ready with some fruit and coffee ( OMANI QAHWA) ,my dad and my uncle sat with father of the girl , my mom took me with her to see the girl in her room :مستحي:.My heart pulses started to increase but I was brave enough to bear that. I entered the room of the girl and I saw four women were sitting there. I asked them where is the girl :متفكر: one of old women who were sitting there pointed her hand to a lady there , I shocked when I saw here as I could distinguish the girl from the mother :منتزق: she was old :حزين: and older than me. I couldn't utter a word that time and I kept silent. Her mother started asking me : did you like it , I told them I cant reply now :مستحي: I will speak to my dad and he will reply you:مفتر:
My mother took me again out and asked me to sit with men. My dad asked me : what happened? shell we say MABROOK , I told say Mabrook if we could escape here , let us go home quickly < I dont want to get married :معصب:

:حزين:
this is the kind of thing I am talking about, you as man its ok for u, but trust me I am sure the girl was hurt about it.

I hate arrange marriage its best they let both man and woman make their own choice and live with it.

btw TKD how old are you?

TAEKWONDO
21/12/2009, 04:23 PM
:حزين:
this is the kind of thing I am talking about, you as man its ok for u, but trust me I am sure the girl was hurt about it.

I hate arrange marriage its best they let both man and woman make their own choice and live with it.

btw TKD how old are you?

28 :مفتر:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 04:24 PM

really

1981 heah :)

el3omer kulloh :كاشخ:

just friend
21/12/2009, 05:15 PM

You've not told me this story :معصب::معصب:

Well, it's not your fault... You have been pulled..what was the robe looks like? :عيار::عيار::ضحك::ضحك:

ذنوب الموت
21/12/2009, 08:13 PM
ok let me ask you something
You said your brother said you will marry someone from the family,
Ok that sounds like arrange marriage to me,

What about you, do you agree in that?
Wouldn’t you want to chose your own husband or at least get to know a lil about him before you say yes?!

my brothers want me to marry any one from the family, but i strongly disagree:مستغرب:

how come they control ma life?!:متفكر:

but u know....problems and problems when the girl's family doe not know about the husband's family....(then it is better to stay where we are and marry some one closed ...who we surely know):)

am not telling that getting married from the family is better nor outside it....the whole thing depends on the husband himself and his known family:)

i mean foe God's sake....how many problems do we know about marriag problems? and we never learn!

and now when i realized every thing.....i believe that my brothers want the best for me

thank you:)

Elvira
21/12/2009, 08:35 PM
:)my brothers want me to marry any one from the family, but i strongly disagree:مستغرب:

how come they control ma life?!:متفكر:

but u know....problems and problems when the girl's family doe not know about the husband's family....(then it is better to stay where we are and marry some one closed ...who we surely know):)

am not telling that getting married from the family is better nor outside it....the whole thing depends on the husband himself and his known family:)

i mean foe God's sake....how many problems do we know about marriag problems? and we never learn!

and now when i realized every thing.....i believe that my brothers want the best for me

thank you:)

I do wish you all the best, but trust me knowing someone in the family coz he is a relative don’t mean you really know him
Coz when 2 people are brought together in marriage, it unfold a lot of beautiful and ugly things that you should want and be able to handle

Any how im sure you will inshaallah will make the best choice for you and your future.
:مستحي::)

ذنوب الموت
21/12/2009, 08:39 PM
:)

I do wish you all the best, but trust me knowing someone in the family coz he is a relative don’t mean you really know him
Coz when 2 people are brought together in marriage, it unfold a lot of beautiful and ugly things that you should want and be able to handle

Any how im sure you will inshaallah will make the best choice for you and your future.

الله أعلم وعليه نتوكل:كاشخ:

thank u sis:)

Elvira
21/12/2009, 08:41 PM
الله أعلم وعليه نتوكل:كاشخ:

thank u sis:)

true
but also you should think deeply about it la :مستحي:

im sure a sweet girl like you would fall with a sweet guy :مستحي:

ذنوب الموت
21/12/2009, 08:43 PM
true
but also you should think deeply about it la :مستحي:

im sure a sweet girl like you would fall with a sweet guy :مستحي:

عيب ذا الكلام بعدني كتكوته:كاشخ:

VatO
21/12/2009, 09:11 PM
Loved seeing the enthusiasm you have these days auntie :كاشخ:

I might :مفتر:

I want her to be just like me :كاشخ:

I won't be judging her by a glance.. First look could be deceiving :مفتر::كاشخ:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 09:18 PM
Loved seeing the enthusiasm you have these days auntie :كاشخ:

I might :مفتر:

I want her to be just like me :كاشخ:

I won't be judging her by a glance.. First look could be deceiving :مفتر::كاشخ:

Well thanks kiddo :كاشخ:
The rain is over and the sky sparkles with shiny stars so the mood is on la
:كاشخ:

Elvira
21/12/2009, 09:19 PM
عيب ذا الكلام بعدني كتكوته:كاشخ:

O0ops looool :كاشخ:

نسمة أمل
22/12/2009, 11:12 AM
One of the serious disadvantages in arranged marriages is giving the husband the excuse to blame his parent that this their choice in case of any dispute or divorce, which may happened in love marriages too but the difference in love marriage that he has no body to blame but himself

Elvira
22/12/2009, 11:49 AM
One of the serious disadvantages in arranged marriages is giving the husband the excuse to blame his parent that this their choice in case of any dispute or divorce, which may happened in love marriages too but the difference in love marriage that he has no body to blame but himself

that is true and it works both ways too :مستحي:

نسمة أمل
22/12/2009, 12:07 PM
4- This goes to the ladies, if a guy comes and wanted to see you, and he didn’t like you for some reason what would your reaction be, and the other way around if you didn’t like him what would you do

Ma Yistanes :معصب:

I will get offended and I cant forget it . This may create a complex to me in the future that I always live under fear that nobody will marry me :(

Elvira
22/12/2009, 12:19 PM
Ma Yistanes :معصب:

I will get offended and I cant forget it . This may create a complex to me in the future that I always live under fear that nobody will marry me :(

Women are emotional by nature, and they translate rejection to something must be wrong with me.
This is not always the reason,
If a man says no to you depending on looks then it’s his lost coz he didn’t get to know a wonderful woman, and if he did he would regret rejecting u.

Plus who would want to be married to a guy who goes after artificial things and is that shallow
This is ma words to every woman who has gone through rejection by a man.

Heads up women, coz we only deserve the best.

just friend
22/12/2009, 12:34 PM
[COLOR=Black]Loved seeing the enthusiasm you have these days auntie :كاشخ:

Well your auntie's door someone cracking it to get in.. :كاشخ: :كاشخ:..

Pray for her things be alright and so the best in her life :مستحي: :كاشخ:

just friend
22/12/2009, 12:37 PM
Women are emotional by nature, and they translate rejection to something must be wrong with me.
This is not always the reason,
If a man says no to you depending on looks then it’s his lost coz he didn’t get to know a wonderful woman, and if he did he would regret rejecting u.

Plus who would want to be married to a guy who goes after artificial things and is that shallow
This is ma words to every woman who has gone through rejection by a man.

Heads up women, coz we only deserve the best.
Wisdom. :)

Guys you're inheriting things out of me :عيار: :عيار: :كاشخ:

Elvira
22/12/2009, 12:40 PM
Wisdom. :)

Guys you're inheriting things out of me :عيار: :عيار: :كاشخ:

Learned from the best, I learned from JF la :عيار::مستحي:

just friend
22/12/2009, 12:48 PM
Learned from the best, I learned from JF la :عيار::مستحي:

Oooh Please don't embarrass me:مستحي: :عيار: :عيار: :كاشخ:..
Now glad & relieved that I could leave EF and here some guys doing great jobs.. :) :)

Let's go to business..

there is something also in marriage, if someone get on hold to someone, then nothing happen between them as they wished.. It's like the end of the world and it's so blue.. It's what Allah have destiny to you..:متفكر:

abunooh777
22/12/2009, 12:48 PM
SALAM ALIKOM

zawaaaaaj , hahaha ,,,, take my advice stay a way from girls , women , wife !!!!!!!!!!!

you will stay or leave with out amraaaadh !!!!!!!!!!!

and you will reach janah dont worry ......... b4 u die than zawaj to complet ur
deeeeeeen .

just friend
22/12/2009, 12:51 PM
SALAM ALIKOM

zawaaaaaj , hahaha ,,,, take my advice stay a way from girls , women , wife !!!!!!!!!!!

deeeeeeen .

Wa' ALIKOM SALAM
have you experienced this..:متفكر: :متفكر:

نسمة أمل
22/12/2009, 12:55 PM
SALAM ALIKOM

deeeeeeen .

From where you have this Fatwa ?:متفكر:

Life without girls has no meaning

BTW we are not amraadh

لا تسب

just friend
22/12/2009, 12:56 PM
From where you have this Fatwa ?:متفكر:

Life without girls has no meaning

BTW we are not amraadh

لا تسب

Give him some more lady :عيار::عيار::ضحك:

نسمة أمل
22/12/2009, 12:57 PM
Give him some more lady :عيار::عيار::ضحك:

This is enough for the time :كاشخ:

Elvira
22/12/2009, 12:58 PM
Oooh Please don't embarrass me:مستحي: :عيار: :عيار: :كاشخ:..
Now glad & relieved that I could leave EF and here some guys doing great jobs.. :) :)

Let's go to business..

there is something also in marriage, if someone get on hold to someone, then nothing happen between them as they wished.. It's like the end of the world and it's so blue.. It's what Allah have destiny to you..:متفكر:

Leave the EF, oh no if you go I go too
Regarding the sad endings of relation ships, well let’s put it this way.
All of you guys God love you, and if you didn’t make it till the end with that man or woman, put one thing in your head God knows better and that person is not the best for you.
It don’t mean that person is bad, it only mean they are not good for you, and you deserve way better. So wipe your tears and give life a big smile coz something great is waiting for you in the horizon.
:):مستحي:

Elvira
22/12/2009, 01:04 PM
SALAM ALIKOM

deeeeeeen .

wa 3likum al salam :)

For you to say this words would only mean you have been in a very bad experience, im sorry for you :حزين:.
And im sorry you didn’t experience the inner beauty of having a woman, and the inner peace of been loved by a woman.
Im sorry you gave up so easily just coz one or few girls were not the right one for you
And am sorry that you are trying to convince the other guys to leave a sad life like yours.

I do wish God bless you with 9aber and peace :).

just friend
22/12/2009, 01:05 PM
Leave the EF, oh no if you go I go too
Regarding the sad endings of relation ships, well let’s put it this way.
All of you guys God love you, and if you didn’t make it till the end with that man or woman, put one thing in your head God knows better and that person is not the best for you.
It don’t mean that person is bad, it only mean they are not good for you, and you deserve way better. So wipe your tears and give life a big smile coz something great is waiting for you in the horizon.
:):مستحي:

Noo Don't leave because I leave.. I've spent alot & I am getting older.. ku7 ku7 ku7 :كاشخ: :كاشخ:

Good Call Wallah.. Nice words there.:)
May Allah Grant us what we really want and Wish All.."Ameen"

Here a story I would like to mention but later I will write,, it's good actually. I don't know if you would be able to figure out the point then your link it to this topic..;):متفكر:

Elvira
22/12/2009, 01:10 PM
Noo Don't leave because I leave.. I've spent alot & I am getting older.. ku7 ku7 ku7 :كاشخ: :كاشخ:

Good Call Wallah.. Nice words there.:)
May Allah Grant us what we really want and Wish All.."Ameen"

Here a story I would like to mention but later I will write,, it's good actually. I don't know if you would be able to figure out the point then your link it to this topic..;):متفكر:

i will be waiting for it.

Oh come on, how old can you be?
:مستغرب:

Dr Keith
27/12/2009, 08:00 AM
Arranged marriages still exists in our society as well it exists in other gulf and Arab countries.

It has it negatives and positives and I can't see there are much negatives in it

Elvira
27/12/2009, 08:11 AM
Honestly in the past I wouldn’t hesitate, but this days I would not agree no matter what.

Ma opinion is man aint as they used to be, they are not faithful or reliable. And I cant attach ma life to life of someone I don’t know.

There for I would prefer to know the person first they marry.

p.s: not all man are like that, but i would say alot are this days.

just friend
27/12/2009, 08:24 AM
Honestly in the past I wouldn’t hesitate, but this days I would not agree no matter what.

Ma opinion is man aint as they used to be, they are not faithful or reliable. And I cant attach ma life to life of someone I don’t know.

There for I would prefer to know the person first they marry.

p.s: not all man are like that, but i would say alot are this days.

You mean you will get in a contact with a man who is really intending to get married to you & wherever you meet him no matter what?!! :متفكر: :متفكر:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 08:26 AM
You mean you will get in a contact with a man who is really intending to get married to you & wherever you meet him no matter what?!! :متفكر: :متفكر:

i mean i will take ma time to get to know the real him, i will not just lsn to what mom or dad or his family say.

i will get to know who he is for real and make up ma mind :مستحي:

just friend
27/12/2009, 08:33 AM
i mean i will take ma time to get to know the real him, i will not just lsn to what mom or dad or his family say.

i will get to know who he is for real and make up ma mind :مستحي:

What if this guy you've met him somewhere else, then he got admired at you, then he opened up to you for things, but your family doesn't know him nor his family knows you...:متفكر: :كاشخ:
secondly, would you tell your parents you know him or something?:متفكر:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 08:50 AM
What if this guy you've met him somewhere else, then he got admired at you, then he opened up to you for things, but your family doesn't know him nor his family knows you...:متفكر: :كاشخ:
secondly, would you tell your parents you know him or something?:متفكر:

i don’t keep anything from my family, yes if lets say we meet at work or collage i would and he tells me he wants to come home and ask to marry me. i would talk to my mother and let her know. i would also put ma eye on the guy and observe everything he say and do..:مستحي:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 08:52 AM
Another thing is I don’t have a prob with agreeing to a family I don’t know personally as long as I know them generally, I mean sometimes a girl can be married to a man who is from a known family but they are not personally known to the girl is family. Which is ok I don’t see why not.

just friend
27/12/2009, 09:06 AM
i don’t keep anything from my family, yes if lets say we meet at work or collage i would and he tells me he wants to come home and ask to marry me. i would talk to my mother and let her know. i would also put ma eye on the guy and observe everything he say and do..:مستحي:

ok nice.. Lucky him.. :كاشخ: :كاشخ:

why are you shy? :مستحي: :كاشخ: :كاشخ: :ضحك:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 09:18 AM
ok nice.. Lucky him.. :كاشخ: :كاشخ:

why are you shy? :مستحي: :كاشخ: :كاشخ: :ضحك:

Mua always shy :مستحي:

just friend
27/12/2009, 09:20 AM
Mua always shy :مستحي:

Good to Know... :كاشخ: :كاشخ:

Black_Pearl
27/12/2009, 09:22 AM
where there's love, there's northing to worry about :كاشخ:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 09:32 AM
Good to Know... :كاشخ: :كاشخ:

loool :مستحي::كاشخ:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 09:33 AM
where there's love, there's northing to worry about :كاشخ:

Oh but love is the strongest feeling out there, you have everything to worry about :عيار::مستحي::كاشخ:

Black_Pearl
27/12/2009, 10:10 AM
Oh but love is the strongest feeling out there, you have everything to worry about :عيار::مستحي::كاشخ:

Well then, you have to make sure you get it right :كاشخ:

Elvira
27/12/2009, 12:39 PM
Well then, you have to make sure you get it right :كاشخ:

yeah that is the problem

lets hope we all get it ri8 :كاشخ:

ظلمةالليل
27/12/2009, 03:29 PM
i think arranged married has more advantages than disadvantages, at least you wont have to wory about having love headache.
for me, i prefere if i never though about it and just let it on my parents to handle it.

Smiley face
27/12/2009, 10:04 PM
Reading silently..

loved TK's story :P

ViVaCiouS
27/12/2009, 10:22 PM
Salam all,

:مفتر: ammmmmm.. wallah if he doesn't like me ..ho el5asran :كاشخ: ..
honestly, i donno .. but akeed i will feel bad and want to kill him :غاضب::كاشخ: ..

ContendeR
27/12/2009, 11:14 PM
interesting topic thought repeated,,
i never felt like posting a reply, however, i've changed my mind regarding arranged marriage.

it might be the safest method of getting married,
in a way, a man doesnt's have to go around searching for a suitable girl.

but, come on, who would sign for his own death sentence and give
it to somebody to control his life .
in the other hand, why would i get married to somebody whom
i don't knw personally? that wouldn't be fair to the girl who is going to live with me coz i wont give her my maximum emotions!! would i?

BntOmaniah
28/12/2009, 03:36 AM
Salam all,

well have you ever heard the expression "NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER" ....looks have nothing to do with marriage ...personalty and values are what is important ...

Elvira
28/12/2009, 07:01 AM
well have you ever heard the expression "NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER" ....looks have nothing to do with marriage ...personalty and values are what is important ...

i am glad that you think like that

but do trust me alot of man dont think as u do :متفكر:

Elvira
28/12/2009, 07:05 AM
interesting topic thought repeated,,
i never felt like posting a reply, however, i've changed my mind regarding arranged marriage.

it might be the safest method of getting married,
in a way, a man doesnt's have to go around searching for a suitable girl.

but, come on, who would sign for his own death sentence and give
it to somebody to control his life .
in the other hand, why would i get married to somebody whom
i don't knw personally? that wouldn't be fair to the girl who is going to live with me coz i wont give her my maximum emotions!! would i?

Glad u changed ur mind and decided to comment,

Thanks for passing by,
Regarding ur comment i would agree that why merry who you don’t know?
i am not talking about love, i am just sayn get to know the person in a personal way, how she thinks, wht she likes and don’t like things like that.

Elvira
28/12/2009, 07:07 AM
:مفتر: ammmmmm.. wallah if he doesn't like me ..ho el5asran :كاشخ: ..
honestly, i donno .. but akeed i will feel bad and want to kill him :غاضب::كاشخ: ..

its a slap on the face i would say

if that ever happens to me, i mi8 take off his eyes so he don’t look at another girl,
And coz he is blind it would be hard for him to get a wife any how.

Criminal mind
:عيار:

Elvira
28/12/2009, 07:09 AM
i think arranged married has more advantages than disadvantages, at least you wont have to wory about having love headache.
for me, i prefere if i never though about it and just let it on my parents to handle it.

you dont have to love the person, just get to know them that is all, love can slowly come letta :مستحي:

Elvira
28/12/2009, 07:11 AM
Reading silently..

loved TK's story :P

Come one Smiley Face; do give us your opinion on this matter.

ابو ليث
28/12/2009, 10:49 AM
Hi forever gone and all EF

I want to clarify things that can not clear to the girls on the choice of a wife

At present young people do not look to the beauty ONLY

Think of other things such as morality , name of family, how she dealing with others, preferably from the family because he knows her very well .

Just an opinion

BntOmaniah
28/12/2009, 03:45 PM
i am glad that you think like that

but do trust me alot of man dont think as u do :متفكر:

just because not alot of men think like that doesnt mean all woman should obey and dress nicely and do make up just to please him and his satisfaction .....if he thinks like that then i dont want him as a husband ! ...SIMPLE AS THAT !

ABu_Alhanoaf
28/12/2009, 10:33 PM
Salam all,

i don't know why you guys misunderstand the meaning of arranged marriage here!! in Oman as far as i know that the person will see the girl frist .."which has been proposed by his family" then he'll go for it, my grand parents married this way 70yrs married now and they are happy, my father and mother, my uncles, my 1st 2nd 3rd and ...etc neighbours and their fathers!! and i can see they all happy!!

what do you think that divorce is more now adays!! of of the love before marriage thingy and guys and girls got to mingle with each otha moa !!

ابو ليث
28/12/2009, 10:53 PM
i don't know why you guys misunderstand the meaning of arranged marriage here!! in Oman as far as i know that the person will see the girl frist .."which has been proposed by his family" then he'll go for it, my grand parents married this way 70yrs married now and they are happy, my father and mother, my uncles, my 1st 2nd 3rd and ...etc neighbours and their fathers!! and i can see they all happy!!

what do you think that divorce is more now adays!! of of the love before marriage thingy and guys and girls got to mingle with each otha moa !!

i'm one who married by this way , al7amdlilah i'm so happy with my wife .
Love after marriage is stronger than before marriage .
what other think ??:متفكر:

bad boy killer
28/12/2009, 11:17 PM

His family is what?:متفكر:

No atleast not the whole thing.. I won't let my family do all the work...

Tall:كاشخ:

Its not like i'm going to stair:كاشخ:.. I won't let her see me so it won't hurt her if i refused as you metioned earlier..

So what!!! 100 wa7ed '3eeero

I got lil bit excited:كاشخ:

Just to be clear we are not saying its wrong just wondering is it the best way?:متفكر:

To me i like to make my own way:كاشخ:

bad boy killer
28/12/2009, 11:18 PM
i'm one who married by this way , al7amdlilah i'm so happy with my wife .
Love after marriage is stronger than before marriage .
what other think ??:متفكر:

I don't know:متفكر:

I don't think anyone could tell:متفكر:

ABu_Alhanoaf
28/12/2009, 11:27 PM
Just to be clear we are not saying its wrong just wondering is it the best way?:متفكر:

check question three and tell me what does it implies?, and what i tried to explain is that arranged marriage is not what we think it is!!

Elvira
29/12/2009, 08:16 AM

I don’t agree,

Man and woman before were more wise then today,

In the past women would stick to their man through good and bad, healthy and illness, so did the man
These days if the wife doesn’t cook the meal the husband ask for they divorce
If a man comes home late they divorce

It has nothing to do with how they meet or got married

People these days are just impatient and they think that compromising for their partner only shows weakness, which is not true

They don’t get the real meaning of love

And that ma brother leads to big amount of divorces.

Elvira
29/12/2009, 08:22 AM
check question three and tell me what does it implies?, and what i tried to explain is that arranged marriage is not what we think it is!!

Again I don’t think that the percentage of divorce is coz of how they got married,

And when I say a guy make his own choice I don’t mean they have a relation ship first

I mean he make his own choice based on facts he knows him self not the mother told him she is good.

What’s bad if a man works with a woman, he notice her and how she treats people around her, and then finds out more about her with out telling her and then go for it, as in ask to marry her.

There was no love between them but he knows her, she didn’t fall out of the sky!! That is ma point. I didn’t mean lets make a Romeo and Juliette story.

ABu_Alhanoaf
29/12/2009, 10:26 AM
I don’t agree,

Man and woman before were more wise then today,

In the past women would stick to their man through good and bad, healthy and illness, so did the man
These days if the wife doesn’t cook the meal the husband ask for they divorce
If a man comes home late they divorce

It has nothing to do with how they meet or got married

People these days are just impatient and they think that compromising for their partner only shows weakness, which is not true

They don’t get the real meaning of love

And that ma brother leads to big amount of divorces.

not all people are impatient... So you know cases were a man and women got divorce coz of food!?? or coz cloths are not ironed or kids are neglected and left for the house maid? ... this is not wisdom it's accomulated stuff. :مستغرب: at the end is learningn to apprecaite each otha and of course will generatte love.

ABu_Alhanoaf
29/12/2009, 10:27 AM
Again I don’t think that the percentage of divorce is coz of how they got married,

And when I say a guy make his own choice I don’t mean they have a relation ship first

I mean he make his own choice based on facts he knows him self not the mother told him she is good.

What’s bad if a man works with a woman, he notice her and how she treats people around her, and then finds out more about her with out telling her and then go for it, as in ask to marry her.

There was no love between them but he knows her, she didn’t fall out of the sky!! That is ma point. I didn’t mean lets make a Romeo and Juliette story.

how often we see guys working with girls and get to observe them?? maybe 1 out of 10?? :متفكر:

ابو ليث
29/12/2009, 11:08 AM
I don't know:متفكر:

I don't think anyone could tell:متفكر:

IT HAPPENED WITH ME AND OTHERS :)

MARRIED PEOPLE GOOD TO ANSWER ;)

bad boy killer
29/12/2009, 12:04 PM
IT HAPPENED WITH ME AND OTHERS :)

MARRIED PEOPLE GOOD TO ANSWER ;)

Hmm but you haven't tried the other way so you can't tell if its stronger..:متفكر:

Elvira
29/12/2009, 12:23 PM
not all people are impatient... So you know cases were a man and women got divorce coz of food!?? or coz cloths are not ironed or kids are neglected and left for the house maid? ... this is not wisdom it's accomulated stuff. :مستغرب: at the end is learningn to apprecaite each otha and of course will generatte love.

yes the point is its not the start that define the end :كاشخ:

Elvira
29/12/2009, 12:25 PM
how often we see guys working with girls and get to observe them?? maybe 1 out of 10?? :متفكر:

no alot but u just dont know them thats all

you loook at only one side of the coin

and i cant tell you other way coz how would be open to what you dont see.

Dream 2010
29/12/2009, 01:44 PM
Hi, and thank you indeed for such a topic.

First of all, I really do not encourage the idea of arranged marriage especially nowadays! I guess the man should name to his mother the lady whom he wants to marry.

"4- This goes to the ladies, if a guy comes and wanted to see you, and he didn’t like you for some reason what would your reaction be, and the other way around if you didn’t like him what would you do?:"

If he didn't like me(impossible!), It is ok for me, Allah might want to save me for a better person, who knows?

I would not ask to see him if I don't want him from the scratch.

I do believe that when it comes to choose a spouse, there are other important considerations to be thought about apart from apperance. Code of conduct, personality, way of thinking, responsibility....etc.

Elvira
29/12/2009, 02:01 PM
Hi, and thank you indeed for such a topic.

First of all, I really do not encourage the idea of arranged marriage especially nowadays! I guess the man should name to his mother the lady whom he wants to marry.

"4- This goes to the ladies, if a guy comes and wanted to see you, and he didn’t like you for some reason what would your reaction be, and the other way around if you didn’t like him what would you do?:"

If he didn't like me(impossible!), It is ok for me, Allah might want to save me for a better person, who knows?

I would not ask to see him if I don't want him from the scratch.

I do believe that when it comes to choose a spouse, there are other important considerations to be thought about apart from apperance. Code of conduct, personality, way of thinking, responsibility....etc.

where have you been all this time :منتزق:

I am amazed really :منتزق::)

Like the attitude, love the self confidence and the positive thinking.

I agree to all what u said and can add no more :كاشخ:

Wise words sweetie.

bulushi-4ever
29/12/2009, 04:44 PM
I hate the idea of arrange marriage, Until yesterday my dad trying to convince me to marry a girl chosen by him from the family, just because he think she good.

Dream 2010
29/12/2009, 07:02 PM
where have you been all this time :منتزق:

I am amazed really :منتزق::)

Like the attitude, love the self confidence and the positive thinking.

I agree to all what u said and can add no more :كاشخ:

Wise words sweetie.

I am around but abit busy these days>

Preparing for a trip tomorrow:)

Thank you for your comments, dear.:)

It is "life" who is a great teacher of mine who taught me this:)

Still you can add more because I think many things t are left regarding this topic.

Dream 2010
29/12/2009, 07:07 PM
I hate the idea of arrange marriage, Until yesterday my dad trying to convince me to marry a girl chosen by him from the family, just because he think she good.

He thinks she is good, but what about what you think of her?
This is the point.

ابو ليث
29/12/2009, 10:03 PM
Hmm but you haven't tried the other way so you can't tell if its stronger..:متفكر:

other did and i saw the result :حزين:

bad boy killer
29/12/2009, 10:24 PM
other did and i saw the result :حزين:

All the couples who did it your way are happy?:متفكر:

I think its the people not the way they get married.:)

ابو ليث
29/12/2009, 10:39 PM
All the couples who did it your way are happy?:متفكر:

I think its the people not the way they get married.:)

so thats mean because of ppl not the way, the happiness comes :مرتاح:

bad boy killer
29/12/2009, 10:45 PM
something like that :)

bulushi-4ever
30/12/2009, 04:17 AM
He thinks she is good, but what about what you think of her?
This is the point.

first of all , i promised my self that i will never marry a girl someone choosed her for me even if she was good for other , I will find my wife and she will find me, it's a life i can't wasted because someone think that he know what the good for me.

m!ss-p!nk
30/12/2009, 08:47 AM
I would feel rejected w betaly I'll feel depressed for a while :حزين:
w ba3deen ba kabber me5i :كاشخ:

bad boy killer
30/12/2009, 11:07 AM
first of all , i promised my self that i will never marry a girl someone choosed her for me even if she was good for other , I will find my wife and she will find me, it's a life i can't wasted because someone think that he know what the good for me.

Sounds like an indian movie:لسان:

I would feel rejected w betaly I'll feel depressed for a while :حزين:
w ba3deen ba kabber me5i :كاشخ:

lesh ma tkaberi 3aklek mn awalha:كاشخ:

Dream 2010
30/12/2009, 05:13 PM

Keep your promise, then.
"I will find my wife and she will find me" I liked this but seems abit difficult to achieve.

bulushi-4ever
30/12/2009, 05:20 PM
Keep your promise, then.
"I will find my wife and she will find me" I liked this but seems abit difficult to achieve.

difficult not possible so there is hope that i can keep my promise

If i couldn't keep it i will never marry

Dream 2010
30/12/2009, 09:18 PM
difficult not impossible so there is hope that i can keep my promise

If i couldn't keep it i will never marry

Ok, and I wish life won't be a maze for both of you trying to find each other.:)

Good luck:)

bulushi-4ever
30/12/2009, 09:38 PM
Ok, and I wish life won't be a maze for both of you trying to find each other.:)

Good luck:)

thanks , don't worry every thing under control:مرتاح:

BeyOnd ReasOn
30/12/2009, 09:39 PM
well...it is more complicated than what you think i guess:مفتر:
can't say agree or diagree....isn't that easy
after all arranged or not it is all na9eeb:مفتر:

m!ss-p!nk
30/12/2009, 11:32 PM
lesh ma tkaberi 3aklek mn awalha:كاشخ:

good Q :ضحك:

it feels good to feel sad and depressed from time 2 time ,, it's like exercising your emotions :كاشخ::لسان:

sometimes .. I enjoy the feeling of being ta3eesah :مفتر:

Elvira
02/01/2010, 09:49 PM
good Q :ضحك:

it feels good to feel sad and depressed from time 2 time ,, it's like exercising your emotions :كاشخ::لسان:

sometimes .. I enjoy the feeling of being ta3eesah :مفتر:

:مستغرب: y would u like pain :مستغرب:

ابو ليث
03/01/2010, 10:13 AM
well...it is more complicated than what you think i guess:مفتر:
can't say agree or diagree....isn't that easy
after all arranged or not it is all na9eeb:مفتر:

so no comment from ur side :عيار:

الوالي1969
03/01/2010, 11:46 AM
to all

do you know how bedwin men propose to get married.

The Man would go at night to near the lady's ( the one he likes ) and he would recite poems and if she is impressed she would recite a poem back that gives the meening af approval or rejection

isn't it nice

ABu_Alhanoaf
03/01/2010, 12:28 PM
to all

do you know how bedwin men propose to get married.

The Man would go at night to near the lady's ( the one he likes ) and he would recite poems and if she is impressed she would recite a poem back that gives the meening af approval or rejection

isn't it nice

indeed ma friend, it's halirous :)

Elvira
03/01/2010, 12:39 PM
i shall go look for a bedwen then, loool

king rooney
10/01/2010, 10:25 AM
I personally dont believe in love at first sight....or that u get attracted to someone just by seeing them for the first time.....i think u grow into love.....u have to really work hard to keep hold of the relationship, sometimes u work really hard....
I think that love happens in stages....u see a girl....u have a crush on her....u spend sometime thinking about her....the next time u see her u look at her closely and observe features that u really like in her....u spend time with her and thats where the love story begins.....its all in how much time u put into that relationship of urs
Having said that i believe that arranged marriages work in a similar way.....u ask ur parents to find a spouse for you (trust me they will do a very good job- old is gold....and there is no way u cud be wiser than ur parents) so trust ur parents choice better than ur own.....
And work ur way into loving that wife and trust me u cudnt have a better relationship in ur life....u wud have earned it all....so i go with arranged marriage.....

Elvira
10/01/2010, 11:38 AM
I personally dont believe in love at first sight....or that u get attracted to someone just by seeing them for the first time.....i think u grow into love.....u have to really work hard to keep hold of the relationship, sometimes u work really hard....
I think that love happens in stages....u see a girl....u have a crush on her....u spend sometime thinking about her....the next time u see her u look at her closely and observe features that u really like in her....u spend time with her and thats where the love story begins.....its all in how much time u put into that relationship of urs
Having said that i believe that arranged marriages work in a similar way.....u ask ur parents to find a spouse for you (trust me they will do a very good job- old is gold....and there is no way u cud be wiser than ur parents) so trust ur parents choice better than ur own.....
And work ur way into loving that wife and trust me u cudnt have a better relationship in ur life....u wud have earned it all....so i go with arranged marriage.....

but you and you parents are not the same person, i mean man and woman have this picture drown in thr head of the future partnr, only u know what you really want.

what if you dont end up falling in love with her

what if she is not the one, i mean nothing is bad with her or you, but you just dont match?!
then what?! :مستغرب:

if she is your choice, and you had time to get to know her 1st, the chancez of you matching is highr just coz you already were in the way to it.
i dont mean fall in love
but likn her is a start :كاشخ:

ABu_Alhanoaf
10/01/2010, 02:07 PM
i shall go look for a bedwen then, loool

no actually he will look for ya and say the poem:كاشخ::ضحك:

Elvira
10/01/2010, 02:12 PM
no actually he will look for ya and say the poem:كاشخ::ضحك:

btw i am a bedween :كاشخ:

king rooney
10/01/2010, 03:20 PM
but you and you parents are not the same person, i mean man and woman have this picture drown in thr head of the future partnr, only u know what you really want.

what if you dont end up falling in love with her

what if she is not the one, i mean nothing is bad with her or you, but you just dont match?!
then what?! :مستغرب:

if she is your choice, and you had time to get to know her 1st, the chancez of you matching is highr just coz you already were in the way to it.
i dont mean fall in love
but likn her is a start :كاشخ:

Urrrrmmmmm i agree with you, ur totally right, we are different from our parents even though we grow up in the same environments as them, we eat the same food, watch the same shows on tv, live the same kinda lifestyle.....
But then again that can be asked by the fact that u tell them what kinda girl u want before they even begin looking for a spouse for u....
And thats pretty much what someone said earlier....
So bearing that in mind, i dont think what ur parents are gonna choose for is in conflict to what u want or desire....
Similarly its gonna be easier for you to like this girl since its the same kind of girl u want....
I think the notion that u might not end up loving this girl is way too intuitive.....how much time do u usually spend with a girl before u realize u have feelings for her....now imagine this girl, u wake up in the morning and the first thing u see is how beautiful she looks when she is sleeping, u go to work with the picture in ur mind...u come back from work stressed and subdued and there she is at ur doorstep greeting u with a smile, looking good just to impress she makes u forget everything....and at night before u go to sleep thats the last face u see.....tell me how hard is it for you to fall in love with such kind of girl......who wouldnt want to?what else are u looking for in a wife??it doesnt get any better than this

Elvira
10/01/2010, 03:27 PM
Urrrrmmmmm i agree with you, ur totally right, we are different from our parents even though we grow up in the same environments as them, we eat the same food, watch the same shows on tv, live the same kinda lifestyle.....
But then again that can be asked by the fact that u tell them what kinda girl u want before they even begin looking for a spouse for u....
And thats pretty much what someone said earlier....
So bearing that in mind, i dont think what ur parents are gonna choose for is in conflict to what u want or desire....
Similarly its gonna be easier for you to like this girl since its the same kind of girl u want....
I think the notion that u might not end up loving this girl is way too intuitive.....how much time do u usually spend with a girl before u realize u have feelings for her....now imagine this girl, u wake up in the morning and the first thing u see is how beautiful she looks when she is sleeping, u go to work with the picture in ur mind...u come back from work stressed and subdued and there she is at ur doorstep greeting u with a smile, looking good just to impress she makes u forget everything....and at night before u go to sleep thats the last face u see.....tell me how hard is it for you to fall in love with such kind of girl......who wouldnt want to?what else are u looking for in a wife??it doesnt get any better than this

If romance and good looks is all a man wants then yes this will for sure work out for him
But if he want brains and someone who you can discuss with about life, about knowledge about future and so on then I think your parents have no way of knowing how she really thinks, unless they actually spend sometime with her to get to know her
Which would be easy if you did it ur self.

Wandering Soul
10/01/2010, 03:45 PM
31/12/2009
رحمة الله عليك يا "غروري في صمتي"

i have just seen it, so sad.

Allah yr7amha. :حزين:

king rooney
10/01/2010, 09:16 PM
If romance and good looks is all a man wants then yes this will for sure work out for him
But if he want brains and someone who you can discuss with about life, about knowledge about future and so on then I think your parents have no way of knowing how she really thinks, unless they actually spend sometime with her to get to know her
Which would be easy if you did it ur self.

Marriage isnt about romance and good looks.....
Its more about having the perfect partner to share ur good and bad times.....
Its simply about having a partner with whom i can live my"life".
How do u judge a womans "brains" and way of thinking?By her certificates?the kind of job she is doing?The amount of salary she earns?her achievements??I dont think so
I believe a womans brain is judged by her ability to hold her family together, making sure everything is the way it shud be, and ensuring nothing falls apart within the boundaries of her family......
الدنيا كلها متاع وخير متاع الدنيا المراة ألصالحة
I totally disagree with you......i believe the parents(with the wisdom they have)have a better chance of judging the girl in one session than i have in a month, three months or even a year.....
Old is wisdom, they've been there, they've done it, they've passed through it ma3 ba39', watched others do it....they've raised you from the moment u came to this world, theyve watched u transform from a cranky little baby through adolescence right into adulthood.....all this time theyve paid close attention to you and theyve always known when is the right time to do something for u and what is right for u in the first place.....
Now are u telling me that after all these years, when it comes to the most important decision in ur life, they wouldnt be able to tell whats best for you??

Elvira
11/01/2010, 07:42 AM
Marriage isnt about romance and good looks.....
Its more about having the perfect partner to share ur good and bad times.....
Its simply about having a partner with whom i can live my"life".
How do u judge a womans "brains" and way of thinking?By her certificates?the kind of job she is doing?The amount of salary she earns?her achievements??I dont think so
I believe a womans brain is judged by her ability to hold her family together, making sure everything is the way it shud be, and ensuring nothing falls apart within the boundaries of her family......
الدنيا كلها متاع وخير متاع الدنيا المراة ألصالحة
I totally disagree with you......i believe the parents(with the wisdom they have)have a better chance of judging the girl in one session than i have in a month, three months or even a year.....
Old is wisdom, they've been there, they've done it, they've passed through it ma3 ba39', watched others do it....they've raised you from the moment u came to this world, theyve watched u transform from a cranky little baby through adolescence right into adulthood.....all this time theyve paid close attention to you and theyve always known when is the right time to do something for u and what is right for u in the first place.....
Now are u telling me that after all these years, when it comes to the most important decision in ur life, they wouldnt be able to tell whats best for you??

This is the differ,

Some parents tell what to do, and some just lead the way and watch the kid decide by his own,
Ma parents are the second type, they lead me to the road and asked me to take it, when ever I fall they help me up and ask me to try again, when im lost they hold ma hand a few steps front and ask me to go on, when I am in a cross road they ask me to think and decide what’s good for me.

They never decide for me, they just are there for me and support me in ma decisions,
And for that I am very thankful, and I will always be

For they taught me the value of doing things by my self, and having confident in what I do. Above all they are the once who taught me everything I know.
So for the most important decision in my life, I know they will help me by telling me the good things and the faults of that man, they will advice me
But its me who will decide who to be with.

king rooney
13/01/2010, 09:29 AM
This is the differ,

Some parents tell what to do, and some just lead the way and watch the kid decide by his own,
Ma parents are the second type, they lead me to the road and asked me to take it, when ever I fall they help me up and ask me to try again, when im lost they hold ma hand a few steps front and ask me to go on, when I am in a cross road they ask me to think and decide what’s good for me.

They never decide for me, they just are there for me and support me in ma decisions,
And for that I am very thankful, and I will always be

For they taught me the value of doing things by my self, and having confident in what I do. Above all they are the once who taught me everything I know.
So for the most important decision in my life, I know they will help me by telling me the good things and the faults of that man, they will advice me
But its me who will decide who to be with.

Dont get me wrong......everyone loves it when the parents let you decide on important stuff.....
I also love it that way....its part of growing up and its the road to maturity.......
Bas in this case its not about them deciding for you but its about you letting them decide for you.....you are giving them that priviledge......I know if you decide for urself u will do a great job but if u let them decide for you then ur doing an even greater job....I suggest the second
In addition ur going back to my very point, that if u made the wrong decision they will be there to correct it and show u the right path....what if u made the wrong decision in this matter....it will be too let for them to correct it for u,u'd have already wasted part of ur life with the wrong guy.....
How many times have u spent sometime in a relationship and thought perhaps this is it....and later it turns out that its actually not.....what im saying is there is not room for a wrong decision when it comes to marriage...
And so far my parents have been letting me decide everything on my own.....and i havent been letting them or myself for that matter down....and i hope when the time to make the biggest decision comes, ill continue with that trend but in anyway i prefer it if my parents chose for me.....

Elvira
13/01/2010, 10:07 AM
Dont get me wrong......everyone loves it when the parents let you decide on important stuff.....
I also love it that way....its part of growing up and its the road to maturity.......
Bas in this case its not about them deciding for you but its about you letting them decide for you.....you are giving them that priviledge......I know if you decide for urself u will do a great job but if u let them decide for you then ur doing an even greater job....I suggest the second
In addition ur going back to my very point, that if u made the wrong decision they will be there to correct it and show u the right path....what if u made the wrong decision in this matter....it will be too let for them to correct it for u,u'd have already wasted part of ur life with the wrong guy.....
How many times have u spent sometime in a relationship and thought perhaps this is it....and later it turns out that its actually not.....what im saying is there is not room for a wrong decision when it comes to marriage...
And so far my parents have been letting me decide everything on my own.....and i havent been letting them or myself for that matter down....and i hope when the time to make the biggest decision comes, ill continue with that trend but in anyway i prefer it if my parents chose for me.....

There are things in life which I can let ma family decide, and things I prefer to decide by my self

Not coz I don’t trust them, but coz I know that its me who will live with that decision so I find it best that I make it my self.
Even more if my parents decide for me and they were wrong they will feel guilty for it, so why put that burden up on their head?

I don’t mean to go into a relation and fall in love with a guy, I just mean it to be my choice, to get to know that person before saying yes or no.

king rooney
13/01/2010, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=forever gone;13343418]There are things in life which I can let ma family decide, and things I prefer to decide by my self

Not coz I don’t trust them, but coz I know that its me who will live with that decision so I find it best that I make it my self.
Even more if my parents decide for me and they were wrong they will feel guilty for it, so why put that burden up on their head?

I don’t mean to go into a relation and fall in love with a guy, I just mean it to be my choice, to get to know that person before saying yes or no.[/QUOTE

I do agree with everything you say, i dont deny it that u wudnt want to place blame on ur parents when things go wrong......
But think about two things : compromise and crisis (And i have seen this alot in arranged marriages)
First compromise.....Compromise is a very important thing in holding couple and most importantly families together....A family that has no compromise between members always ends up wrecked and broken
In a love marriage (or marriage where uve known the partner for a long time before getting married) theres alot of expectations between couples leading to lesser compromise...
On the other hand in an arranged marriage compromise and adjustments form the foundation....partly because there is no preconceived notion or expectations among couples....

In an arranged marriage in terms of crisis and confrontations u usually turn to the parents for help....and u rely on them to solve ur issues where as in love marriages u pretty much on ur own...The parents would know what to do in such cases due to their wisdom and experience.....

Elvira
13/01/2010, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=forever gone;13343418]There are things in life which I can let ma family decide, and things I prefer to decide by my self

I don’t mean to go into a relation and fall in love with a guy, I just mean it to be my choice, to get to know that person before saying yes or no.[/QUOTE

I do agree with everything you say, i dont deny it that u wudnt want to place blame on ur parents when things go wrong......
But think about two things : compromise and crisis (And i have seen this alot in arranged marriages)
First compromise.....Compromise is a very important thing in holding couple and most importantly families together....A family that has no compromise between members always ends up wrecked and broken
In a love marriage (or marriage where uve known the partner for a long time before getting married) theres alot of expectations between couples leading to lesser compromise...
On the other hand in an arranged marriage compromise and adjustments form the foundation....partly because there is no preconceived notion or expectations among couples....

In an arranged marriage in terms of crisis and confrontations u usually turn to the parents for help....and u rely on them to solve ur issues where as in love marriages u pretty much on ur own...The parents would know what to do in such cases due to their wisdom and experience.....

True, compromise is the core of it, but that has nothing to do with who chose your husband or wife, its in the couple them self’s

Again you are missing the point, I am not at all talking about love relation or long term relation, I am talking about deciding by your self.
Meaning I work with a guy, he liked me and I liked him, we don’t talk, and no relation is between us, he come home I say yes,
Its my choice no one chose him for me. still I know him good enough to make a decision.
Another example, you know someone online, you see and notice how he thinks, he notices me too, he comes home and I agree.
No love but like along with knowing the person and making your own decision.

I have seen a lot of arrange marriages break up, and we say its luck, or destiny.
But when a love marriage breaks up we blame the love or relation ship that brought them together.

My opinion it not what brought you together that breaks you apart, it’s the couple them self.

king rooney
13/01/2010, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=king rooney;13344201]

True, compromise is the core of it, but that has nothing to do with who chose your husband or wife, its in the couple them self’s

Again you are missing the point, I am not at all talking about love relation or long term relation, I am talking about deciding by your self.
Meaning I work with a guy, he liked me and I liked him, we don’t talk, and no relation is between us, he come home I say yes,
Its my choice no one chose him for me. still I know him good enough to make a decision.
Another example, you know someone online, you see and notice how he thinks, he notices me too, he comes home and I agree.
No love but like along with knowing the person and making your own decision.

I have seen a lot of arrange marriages break up, and we say its luck, or destiny.
But when a love marriage breaks up we blame the love or relation ship that brought them together.

My opinion it not what brought you together that breaks you apart, it’s the couple them self.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwh in that case i have no objection with ur course.....but u'd have to agree with me that its hard to find such cases in real life.....we guys always want to be in relationships with girls before marrying them to get to know them....and u girls like to get married with someone u love....
Its always said that when a girl says no to someone the parents chose for her be sure that there is someone else in that girl's life.....i couldnt agree more
Ull also agree with me that arranged marriages usually fail after so much endeavour and hardwork, after trying everything to salvage the marriage

If u put that way that its all in the people and not the type of marriage it is then i wudnt refute that.....i have no choice but to accept all ur saying

Elvira
13/01/2010, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=forever gone;13344687]

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwh in that case i have no objection with ur course.....but u'd have to agree with me that its hard to find such cases in real life.....we guys always want to be in relationships with girls before marrying them to get to know them....and u girls like to get married with someone u love....
Its always said that when a girl says no to someone the parents chose for her be sure that there is someone else in that girl's life.....i couldnt agree more
Ull also agree with me that arranged marriages usually fail after so much endeavour and hardwork, after trying everything to salvage the marriage

If u put that way that its all in the people and not the type of marriage it is then i wudnt refute that.....i have no choice but to accept all ur saying

bad boy killer
13/01/2010, 12:35 PM

I liked this part:)..

Its always about the poeple:متفكر:

Elvira
13/01/2010, 01:35 PM
I liked this part:)..

Its always about the poeple:متفكر:

i agree with ya :كاشخ: