المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

عرض الإصدار الكامل : Our Expectations...

ابن العرب
08/12/2006, 05:22 AM
What are our expectations for this sabla "forum"?

I would like everyone to participate so that a general idea could be formed about what we, members,
would like to get out of this sabla and more importantly what can we give?...

Here are some points i put forth that could be topics for this discussion....

1. As it is part of the educational Sabla, some of us would expect it to be "educational" ofcourse.
In other words, school students could find it useful as part of their education and learning plan.
As I think, there is no other omani website with the same idea.

2.We all know that there are many well esablished Omani English forums...
These forums are general and contain from political to sports related threads.
Therefore, are we expecting from this forum to be as wide and varying in topics as other forums are?

3. As this forum is the new born and inspiration of the original "Omania.net"
Therefore are we expecting it to continue with the same scheme and regulations as the original sabla?

If there is any thing I forgot to mention you are more then welcomed to add on.:)

مخاطب الوجدان
08/12/2006, 08:54 AM
Hey brother,
thanks for the points you have suggested. To my view, let it be spontaneous, what comes is what comes unless it doesn't discuss unwanted topics. Let it be general includes variety and different subtitles whether they are educational, political, social, sport etc..

I would rather perfer it to be like the Arabic version of Sablah but in one forum contains any type of issues.
To sum up, what comes from English Sablah's forum is acceptable unless it isn't against the rules.

All the best

مخاطب الوجدان
08/12/2006, 08:57 AM
Another thing,
I would suggest for those Omanis who are in foregin countries to invite their friends of those countries to post in this forum and tell us their thoughts and points of view.

The English Sablah is considered the international Sablah.

ابن العرب
08/12/2006, 08:15 PM
Another thing,
I would suggest for those Omanis who are in foregin countries to invite their friends of those countries to post in this forum and tell us their thoughts and points of view.

Dont you think this will effect the classification of Sablat "Oman" as an Omani forum?
I mean that its not going to follow our cultural and islamic rules...

I agree with your point if we consider that the international members
represent english speaking muslims.
For example we could invite muslims from Cheshnia, Malasia, India...etc.
to share with us their thoughts:) .

إعصار86
08/12/2006, 08:40 PM
Dont you think this will effect the classification of Sablat "Oman" as an Omani forum?

represents english speaking muslims.
Hello,
I don't think Omani Sablah is a religious Sabala, its rather cultural. I don't think there will be any harm from inviting people from all over to get to know Our Omani cluture....and who knows? maybe we will be the reason to revert them back to Islam.:)
My point is, Just because the person is not muslim doesn't mean that he or she is not going to behave appropriately.

As Long as they play by the rules, they should be always welcomed here.:)

Salaam Brother;)

ابن العرب
08/12/2006, 09:33 PM
Hello,
I don't think Omani Sablah is a religious Sabala, its rather cultural. I don't think there will be any harm from inviting people from all over to get to know Our Omani cluture....and who knows? maybe we will be the reason to revert them back to Islam.:)
My point is, Just because the person is not muslim doesn't mean that he or she is not going to behave appropriately.

As Long as they play by the rules, they should be always welcomed here.:)

Salaam Brother;)

I see what you are trying to say....and I respect you point of view.

Great to have you here with us.;)

ابن العرب
08/12/2006, 09:46 PM
4. Many of the active sabla surfers are studing abroad and this could be
a problem for them to type in Arabic as they lack the availability of an
arabic keyboard...
As a suggestion, this forum could be the place where english threads
and replys would be translated to arabic by the assistance of other members.
After that, the translatin would be posted to its specific forum by the original writer...:rolleyes:

Noor Al-Islam
08/12/2006, 11:47 PM
Another thing,

That would be nice,, but will take a very long time to happen,,
I tried before somewhere else,,

but who knows maybe this time it is different ,, however do not forget that it will still difficult for them since the members names and so on ar not in English ,,

Thank you,, and i will talk to some if I find them intersted in joining
by the way,, so happy to see you here
:)

Noor Al-Islam
08/12/2006, 11:50 PM
4. Many of the active sabla surfers are studing abroad and this could be
a problem for them to type in Arabic as they lack the availability of an
arabic keyboard...
As a suggestion, this forum could be the place where english threads
and replys would be translated to arabic by the assistance of other members.
After that, the translatin would be posted to its specific forum by the original writer...:rolleyes:

well,, this way there will be two threads there,,
I guess that they can put it here first,, then they can get the translation to other categorize

مخاطب الوجدان
09/12/2006, 08:29 AM

represent english speaking muslims.

that would be the huge mistake you would ever made..
never localize the English version of Sablah .. never spcialize this forum for Omanis and Muslims.. make it available globally
I think to make it internationalized will be great idea to overlook at others' cultures and religions. What is wrong with that?
many governments pay millions yearly to create channels that connect people to the rest of the world.
Then let us connect people by this Sabla ..

this express my personal opinion
all the best:D

مخاطب الوجدان
09/12/2006, 08:31 AM
That would be nice,, but will take a very long time to happen,,
I tried before somewhere else,,

but who knows maybe this time it is different ,, however do not forget that it will still difficult for them since the members names and so on ar not in English ,,

Thank you,, and i will talk to some if I find them intersted in joining
by the way,, so happy to see you here
:)

Glad to see you too here ..
all the best

تلك السماء
09/12/2006, 04:49 PM
:D :devil:

hi everybody......

well...... i think it is better leaving the English section....open for any topic ......:)

i am participating here.....JUSt for this section....though for awhile....:بلابلا:

ابن العرب
10/12/2006, 06:25 AM
that would be the huge mistake you would ever made..
never localize the English version of Sablah .. never spcialize this forum for Omanis and Muslims.. make it available globally
I think to make it internationalized will be great idea to overlook at others' cultures and religions. What is wrong with that?
many governments pay millions yearly to create channels that connect people to the rest of the world.
Then let us connect people by this Sabla ..

this express my personal opinion
all the best:D

I nither agree nor disagree... we can try our best to invite peaple to share our forum...
but also as Noor Al-Islam said above its going to be difficult as its
enclosed by an arabic forum with arabic writing.

ابن العرب
10/12/2006, 06:27 AM
:D :devil:

hi everybody......

well...... i think it is better leaving the English section....open for any topic ......:)

i am participating here.....JUSt for this section....though for awhile....:بلابلا:

Great having u here...:بلابلا: و (http://www.s-oman.net/avb/showpost.php?p=7513&postcount=30) :devil:

متين
10/12/2006, 07:20 AM
am here to practic my english ,, :) before it vanish

الحياة أنا
15/12/2006, 04:56 PM
hi brother

for me i want to to practice my english

and i expact that you will give us chance to practice it in chating with others in some topics